How do I upload a video to YouTube?
You will learn how to upload a video to YouTube.
For help creating a video, head here: How do I record a video in Camtasia?
1. Go to https://www.youtube.com/, login to YouTube, and click the Upload button.
2. Either drag your video file into the area or click the arrow to select a file from your computer.
3. Change the settings on your video while it is processing.
- Change the title of your video.
- Give your video a good description. (optional)
- Give your video some tags to help find it easier (optional.)
- Change the privacy of your video.
- Public - Anyone can see the video
- Unlisted - Anyone with the link to the video can watch it. Won't appear through searches.
- Private - Only you can see the video.
- Scheduled - Have the video upload on a certain date.
The "Advanced Settings" tab contains additional options for you to change, but generally should remain the same.
4. When finished, hit the "Publish" button.
Congratulations! Your video is now uploaded to YouTube.
You can make changes to the video such as adding audio or captions by clicking these buttons while on the video, or by going to the Video Manager.
For help adding captions to your video, head here: How do I create Captions for my Course Videos?
To locate your videos in the future, go to YouTube's homepage and click "My Channel" found on the left side.
Here you will find all the videos currently available on your channel. Go to the "Video Manager" to find all your videos, including the private or unlisted videos.
Inside your video manager you can edit the information and settings on a video, add audio, visual enhancements, or captions and annotations.
For help editing videos on YouTube, head here: How do I edit a video in YouTube?
The YouTube video editor is able to get the job done, but for a better video editing tool use Camtasia. For more information, head here: How do I edit video and audio in Camtasia?