How do I create a badge?
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create and add badges to each Module via the Badgr External Tool.
1. Click the Badgr link in your Canvas course
Need to add Badgr to your Canvas course? Please see these ScreenSteps: How do I add Badgr to Modules? and How do I add Badgr to Course Navigation Menu?
2. Authorize Badgr
3. Click Add Issuer
If you are new to Badgr, this window will be displayed. If you have already created a Badgr account, please go to Step 6.
Issuer creates an association between your badges to an institution, instructor, or individual course. You can have a different Issuer per set of badges you create for different courses or institutions, etc.
4. Fill out all fields in Issuer
- Give your Issuer a name (this can be a course name for example)
- Describe the Issuer
- Type a website URL with https://
- Type your HSU email address
- Click New Issuer
5. Click on the Issuer you just created
6. Select or create a new badge
Click the triangle associated with the module you want to have a badge
7. Click Create New Badge
8. Upload an image (.PNG) or create a new image in Badge Studio
- Upload a badge image (must be square and .PNG format)
- Create a new badge in Badgr, click Use Badge Studio
This tutorial will follow Use Badge Studio.
9. Create your badge
You can edit the background via shapes , choose and icon via graphics , and choose the color of each . Click Save when finished .
10. Edit badge information
- Name the badge
- Edit badge description
- Fill out criteria for the badge, like "Complete Module"
- Click Create
You have successfully created a badge in Badgr.
In order for students to earn the badge, you must add requirements to the module. You can learn how to add requirements by following this tutorial.