How do I add a web resource to my course navigation menu?
In this tutorial, you will learn how to add a web resource as a button to your Course Level Navigation Bar using the Redirect Tool.
1. Log in to Canvas
Need help with getting into Canvas? Please click here for help
2. Navigate to your Course Settings
Within your Canvas course, click on Settings in the Course Navigation Bar.
3. Navigate to the Apps Section
In the Settings top menu, click on Apps.
4. Select the Redirect Tool
Either locate the Redirect Tool from the list of apps, or type "Redirect Tool" into the search bar and select it.
5. Add the Redirect Tool App to your course
Click on the + Add App button.
1. In the Name field, type the name you'd like to appear in the Course Navigation Bar.
2. In the URL Redirect field paste the link to the intended web resource.
- For Windows users: right-click in the text area and select paste or use keyboard shortcut <ctrl>+v
- For Mac users: right-click (<ctrl>-click) the text area and select paste or use keyboard shortcut <cmd>+v
3. Check the Show in Course Navigation option.
4. Click Add App.
6. Go to your Course Home Page
Click on Home in the Course Navigaton Bar.
You should see that an item has been added to the Course Navigation Bar.