How do I import the Transformational Course Redesign Workshop from Canvas Commons?
In this tutorial you will learn how to import the Transformational Course Redesign Workshop from Canvas Commons into an empty Canvas course.
Start with a New Canvas Course
This course is too large for a free Canvas account.
- If your institution is using Canvas LMS, please contact your Canvas support team for more assistance to create a course.
- To preview the course follow this link.
- If you are at a CSU that is using another LMS and would like to see this course in Canvas, contact email@example.com . We will get you a Canvas account at the CSU Chancellor's Office.
Click on Commons in the Global Navigation Menu.
Find the Workshop
In the search bar, type "Transformational Course Redesign Workshop" and open the following resource shared by Terri Georgopoulos.
Import the Resource
From the Import into Canvas panel on the right,
- select the course(s) that you would like to import the workshop into, then
- click Import into Course.
Confirm Import Notification
Confirm that the import has started by viewing the import status notification at the top of your screen.
View Imported Content
Navigate to the course and confirm that the content has been imported.
You may see the following notification at the top of the Canvas Course.
You can click on Import Status to view the current progress.
When the import completes, you are ready to begin using the Transformational Course Redesign Workshop!