How do I embed or link Google Drive content into a Canvas Rich Content Editor?
In this tutorial you will learn how to embed or link to Google Drive content within the Canvas Rich Content Editor.
If you need help authorizing your Google Account on Canvas, follow this guide.
1. Add a Google Drive Item to the Assignment Description
- Above the assignment description text area, click on the blue, downward pointing arrow for More External Tools.
- Select Google Drive.
2. Find the desired document
Once you select Google Apps from the drop down menu, a dialog window should open displaying the contents of your Google Drive.
- Select the desired file, making sure that it has a check mark to the right of it.
- Then click either EMBED or LINK to insert the document into the Rich Text Area.
DO NOT click the Google Docs Home button
After embedding a Google Doc document in a Canvas page, you will be able to edit the document and your changes will be automatically saved. Do not click the Docs Home button however, since it will not display in this embedded view.