How do I copy the contents of my U drive to Google Drive?
In this tutorial you will learn how to copy the contents of your public_html folder on the HSU U-drive to Google Drive.
This process must be completed on a campus computer that is mapped to the U-drive. WinSCP, Cyberduck or other file transfer application can be used to move the files from you home computer.
Open the File Explorer
Locate the U-drive in the File Explorer
1. The U-drive should be mapped to the Network locations in the directory
2. It should be identifiable by by having your HSU username on the title
3. Click the icon or title to open the U-drive in the File Explorer
Locate the public_html folder in the list of folders in the directory list
In a browser window, type Google Drive in the search bar
Click this link to open Google Drive
Open Google Drive
Sign-in to Google Drive with your HSU-Username email address
Enter your HSU email address, then click "Next"
Login to your HSU account
Click "New" to open the dialog box
Select "Folder" from the dialog box
Create the folder
Enter a name, then click "Create"
Be sure you are logged into your HSU gmail account.
Click "New" button on at the top of the Google Drive menu
Click "Folder upload" on the pop-up dialog box
In the file directory menu on the dialog box, hover with the mouse over "Shared" and the "Show" button should allow you to expand the "Shared" menu
1. The "Shared" section should list the remote server (folders.humboldt.edu), double click to open the directory
2. Locate the folder with your Username and open the folder with double click
Locate the public_html folder, select it and click Upload
A dialog box will open to warn you to only upload these files if you trust the site.
Click Upload on the dialog box to complete the process. The upload will begin.
If you need to share this folder with another user. Please follow this Google Support guide on Sharing Folders via Google Drive