How do I upload grades from TurningPoint to Canvas?
In this tutorial, you will learn how to upload grades from Turning Point to Canvas.
1. Log in to Turning Point
Open the Turning Point desktop application and sign in with your HSU credentials.
2. Select the Manage Tab
Click on the MANAGE tab in the upper menu.
3. Select a course
From the left menu (course list), select the course that you would like to upload grades for.
If you have not yet added your Canvas course to Turning Point, follow this guide.
If you have not yet imported sessions into Turning Point, follow this guide.
4. Upload Grades
1. Click the Upload Grades button.
2. Connect to the integration by selecting Canvas from the dropdown, using the server address https://humboldt.turningtechnologies.com.
You don't need to fill out the Username or Password fields.
Check the Remember this information box, and next time you'll only have to click Connect!
3. Use your HSU credentials to log in to myHumboldt.
This step may be skipped if Turning Point remembers your login information.
4. Click Authorize to allow Turning Technologies to access your Canvas account.
5. Select the session(s) that you would like to upload.
6. Then click Export.
If you are uploading individual sessions, you will most likely not use the Totals columns. (Total Performance, Total Participation, Total Points)
7. Verify the number of columns being uploaded and click Export.
Turning Point will notifiy you of any unlicensed participants. These participants' grades will not be uploaded to Canvas.
8. Click OK.
In rare cases, it may take up to an hour for the upload to complete.