Instructors | Adding VoiceThread in Modules
You will learn how to create a ungraded VoiceThread in Modules within Canvas.
An ungraded VoiceThread will not create a column within the Canvas grade book. Use the Assignment Builder to create a graded assignment or add a column manually to the grade book for this type of VoiceThread.
1. Create a new Module
In the Modules tab, click the + button associated with the Module group where you want the VoiceThread to be located.
2. Add VoiceThread
- Select External Tool from the drop-down menu
- Scroll down and select VoiceThread
- Select the VoiceThread Setup page you would like it to link to (Course View, Home, Individual VT, Assignment Builder)
- Click on Add Item
This creates a link to VoiceThread within the course Module.
VoiceThreads within Modules are not graded, so the Assignment Builder option is not available. Here, you can choose:
- Course View - Displays all the VoiceThreads shared with the course. This is useful for students to review all course materials or to comment on other students' work.
- Individual VT - Choose one VoiceThread to be displayed. This is useful to show students one specific VoiceThread, especially for a discussion board or lecture.
- VT Home - Displays all of a student's VoiceThread contents for all of their courses.
You have now successfully created a VoiceThread in your course Modules. Click for more information about VoiceThread in Canvas.