Adding W.W. Norton links to assignment categories
In this tutorial, you will learn how to add links to W.W. Norton assignment categories (Chapter Quizzes, Listening Guides, etc) to Canvas assignments.
1. Create your assignment in Canvas
Whether they will individually be considered assignments or quizzes for the purposes of your course, create a Canvas assignment to "house" the Norton assignment category. (e.g. All Chapter Quizzes from Norton graded as one Canvas assignment).
For help creating a Canvas assignment click here.
2. Edit your assignment settings
1. Name your assignment.
2. Decide on a point value (for all of the contained Norton content).
3. For Submission Type select External Tool.
4. Paste the link to your Norton Digital Resource content. (e.g. https://ncia.wwnorton.com/chapterquizzes-enjmusic12s)
5. Decide whether you would like to open the Digital Resource in a new tab. This will improve accessibility.
Note: The specific links for your textbook will be available by contacting W.W. Norton support.
Note: You will have to set the Availabilty dates through the Norton Digital Resources Page as well as in the Canvas assignment settings for the dates to be propery enforced.
The Norton assignments will still be available after the set date, but they will not contribute to students' grades.
3. Save your assignment
Click to Save (or Save & Publish) your assignment.