How do I enable automated live captions?
Zoom allows for automated captions to be generated in any Zoom meeting. Automated captions appear in the same place as manually typed captions within a Zoom window. Only the meeting host can enable automated captions.
Please note: Automated captions are not sufficient when captioning has been requested for a disability-related accommodation. Automated captions are not as accurate as those produced by professional real-time captioning and may include critical errors that impact the information or context of what is communicated. For additional information or assistance, please contact the Student Disability Resource Center.
Enabling automated captions on your account
- Log into Zoom at https://humboldtstate.zoom.us by clicking the "Login" button at the top right of the page
- Select the "Settings" tab on the left side of the page
- Select the "In Meeting (Advanced)" tab
- Under "Closed captioning," select "Enable live transcription service to show transcript on the side panel in-meeting"
Enabling automated captions during a meeting
Once you've enabled automated captions in your settings, you'll see an additional option in the closed caption button when you host a meeting.
- After starting your meeting, select "CC Live transcript" in the Zoom meeting toolbar
2. Select "Enable live transcription"
Automated captions will appear at the bottom as participants speak.
Content attributed to San Francisco State University