How do I upload a Zoom meeting to YouTube?
Canvas has limits on the size of courses and using YouTube as a video repository is a great space saving tool.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to upload a recorded Zoom meeting to YouTube.
Record your Zoom meeting
For more information about recording your Zoom meeting click here.
If you have activated the Record on this Computer feature during the course of your meeting, the recording will automatically be saved locally to your computer at the conclusion of your meeting.
Log in to your myHumboldt Gmail account
Logging in to myHumboldt will allow you to use YouTube from the same Google account.
Navigate to YouTube with the Google Apps button
Within your Gmail tab, click the Google Apps button in the upper right corner of your screen, then locate and click YouTube.
You may have to click on more for additional Google applications.
1. On Google Chrome, or once you log into your Google account, (your HSU login info), select the box of cubes in the upper right of your screen. The Google app window will open.
2. In the Google app window, look at the bottom of the list and select More.
3. Select Youtube. You can attach this to your main Google app window by dragging and dropping the app to your preferred location.
Make sure you are actually signed in
You may have to click the Sign in in the upper right corner of your screen.
Upload your Zoom Meeting
Once in YouTube, you will see an upload button (an upward pointing arrow) in upper right corner. Click here to begin the upload process.
If this is your first time uploading you will be asked to create a YouTube Channel. If the user information looks correct, simply click 'Create Channel.'
Select or 'drag and drop' your video
From here, you can either click on the Select files to upload area to open a file browser, or simply drag and drop your video file.
Modify your video's Basic Info
At this point you can edit the title, description, and tags for your video as well as decide how you would like to share your video. (Public, Unlisted, Private, or Scheduled)
1. Add a descriptive title in box #1
2. If you'd like, add a description and tags in boxes #2 and #3
3. Choose how you would like to share the video in the dropdown in box #4 (There is a chart for these options below) Choose 'Unlisted' if you would like the video to remain private but viewable by anyone with the link.
4. When you are finished, click 'Publish' in box #5
Learn more about Youtube video privacy settings at this link here.
Add your video to your Canvas course (optional)
If you'd like to add this YouTube video to your Canvas course, follow this guide.