How do I share a document in Zoom to collaborate with Google Docs?
In this tutorial you will learn how to collaborate using Google Docs while in a Zoom Meeting.
Zoom allows for screen sharing on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices running Zoom.
- The host and participants can share by clicking on the Share Screen button.
- The host does not need to "pass the ball" or "make someone else a presenter" to share.
- The host can "lock screen share" so no participant can screen share.
1. Prepare your Google Doc
As an instructor/meeting host, you will need to set the proper permissions on your Google Doc that you intend to share during your Zoom session.
1. Open your Google Doc
2. Click SHARE in the top right corner
3. Click Get shareable link
4. From the dropdown, select Anyone at Humboldt State University with the link can edit
5. Click Copy link
6. Click Done
2. Share the Document Link
Within the Zoom Group Chat, via email, or using any other preferred contact method, send the document link that you copied to your students/participants.
3. Ask All Participants to Share Their Screens
Before prompting your students, make sure your settings are set to allow multiple participants to share simultaneously.
1. Click the Up Arrow to the right or the Share Screen button
2. Make sure the Multiple participants can share simultaneously option is checked
After you start your Zoom meeting, ask all your students/participants to enable screen sharing.
You are ready to begin collaborating with Google Docs!